- Keep bandage on for 2 hours unless directed otherwise by Carved In Stone Tattoo.
- Remove bandage, wash gently with antibacterial/unscented soap removing plasma. Dry the tattoo with clean paper towel by patting. NOT rubbing. It will be slimy and may contain color but it doesn't mean it's losing color. Plasma is dyed while ink enters the skin and will not affect the tattoo.
- Begin applying fragrance free lotion (Curel or Lubriderm) 2-3 times daily 24-48 hours after the tattoo application. Or as soon as the tattoo feels tight and dry.
- Always make sure to wash your hands prior to applying lotion.
- Make sure to use lotion sparingly, only a small amount until the tattoo is shiny. Keeping your tattoo moist is important but coating it on can cause adverse effects.
- Apply lotion until fully healed, healing time may vary between 2-5 weeks depending on health and aftercare.
- You'll notice color flaking between roughly 5-7 days. Don't panic, this is only the top layer of skin exfoliating. It's normal.
Touching your tattoo without washing your hands, abrasion, tight clothing, sunlight, sauna's, saltwater, swimming, animal hair, soaking in water, tanning, other peoples bodily fluids, picking, scratching or advice from friends that differ from the information in this sheet.